Step 7 - Construction

I began constructing my flash website by creating the layout in Adobe Illustrator. I then imported the Illustrator artwork into Flash as separate layers. I also created my own logo in illustrator to give the website an additional degree of professionalism. Having all of the page elements split into layers has the added advantage of being able to alter certain parts individually to create movie clips, allowing for increased flexibility with what could be animated (and how).

I first created the homepage, adding the buttons which I then coded to link to other pages of the site. Initially I encountered a problem with this when I tried to add an "active" state to the buttons; I solved this by repeating the code on other frames but had to specify different function names so that there were not any duplicate functions.

From this I then attempted to add pagination to the jobs result page - however I ran into further issues with the 'next' and 'previous' buttons skipping through the whole timeline. To resolve this I put all the pagination content into a seperate movie clip so that the buttons would only reference that movie clip and not the entire timeline.

The final step in construction was to add the news feed and the content.